Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Food


I'm glad I'm in Thailand because I absolutely love Thai food, especially pad thai. In fact, that was the first meal I had as soon I checked into the hotel. This particular pad thai is extra special, because it's wrapped with some kind of plain egg omelette, served with crushed peanut and crushed chilli on the side. There's also a bowl of tofu soup that comes with it. Simply delicious! I really don't mind having this combo meal every day!

While I'm at work though, my student Akephop and I will just wonder into the basement of our training building, and try the food there. Yesterday I had rice with plenty of vegetables and some kind of chicken for THB50 (RM 5). Today I had some noodles that looked and tasted pretty much like Vietnamese pho for THB30 (RM3). After lunch, we'll go the road side and get some cut-up mangoes for THB10 (RM1)!!! I think the price is really cheap!


If you are wondering why I haven't said anything about Starbucks, I purposely chose to save it for last. ;-) While looking for a hotel to stay in for this trip, I used google earth to calculate the exact distance from the hotel to the nearest Starbucks, and that's why I chose Amari Atrium. When I got to the training place though, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Starbucks is actually right next to it.

I also discovered that you could actually get a Starbucks card, you fill up the value using your debit card. Isn't that convenient? ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment