Friday, July 31, 2009

Lesson

I felt very lonely during my week-long trip in Bangkok. There were a few moments when I missed my family like crazy, but thankfully there's Skype. We had a couple of Skype video call sessions, and I got to see how Hanna was trying to get to Bangkok through the computer screen. I definitely wasn't helping as she got to see how I jumped like a monkey on the bed in front of the computer! Err.. that's what we always do at hotel rooms!


I bid farewell to Room 2012 today. I was about to close the door, and the last thing I saw was the desk area. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness. I mean, I spent on average about five hours a day at the desk, preparing for my course. The black chair and and the glass desk suddenly looked pretty lonely without me. But here's a good thing about being a desk, a chair, or any other objects for that matter. They are so Zen; they live in the moment, and they are very accepting of any situations.

My flight to KL is now delayed due to some navigation problems. People started to get restless. I am suddenly thinking about the rows of chairs at this waiting area. They are not offended if we don't sit on them, or abandon them. They dont' even care if we fart on them! Ha. Ha. Ha.

So as human beings, why do we get angry at events that happen around us? We, my friends, have a lot to learn from a chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment